Well it seems that fall has arrived with winter right behind it! I just thought I do some desperately needed updating on my blog......I can't believe that I've neglected it for so long! I was quite involved with my Yahoo 360 page, and was doing all of my fashion posting there, but they've since done away with them and left something that is sorely lacking in substance!! I couldn't figure out how to post pictures of my sketches, things are so screwed up! So from henceforth, this will be my prime source of my ideas and discussions on fashion and of course the greatest American designer ever........Halston!!

Now I really must confess to you all that I'm a terrible procrastinator...and that fact has seriously hindered my creative processes, but I'm really working very hard on overcoming that. Well I finished a cotton gauze shirt last month and brought it up to the store in spite of the fact that the summer season was over. What the hell.......maybe someone will buy it for that upcoming winter vacation somewhere in the Caribbean. Well to my surprise, someone did buy it within a couple of weeks and another inquired about having one made since the original was too big. I thought well, it seems that this particular design has the potential to be quite popular, so I'll be creating more and with the shirt there will be a matching t-shirt, each sold separately. I posted the sketch so you can see exactly how I envisioned it, and I'm also going to adapt it for fall/winter in a thin fleece fabric, or cashmere/silk blend knit. Obviously the price will be higher with the use of cashmere.

I'm always interested in customer feedback on whatever I make and also to get an idea of the needs of an abstract public, so please feel free to comment and let me know what is on your mind. One of the greatest things that contributed to Halston's success was his rapport with his customer and what she or he needed for their active modern life. I feel exactly the same way....living in an ivory tower, making unwearable clothing, is not my idea of being a successs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOURCES OF INSPIRATION!

CHARLES JAMES!

MAKE MINE VINTAGE!!