I decided that the shirt would consist of only two main parts, the sleeve and upper part of was cut on the fold as one piece, the lower part was also cut on the fold of the fabric with only one seam at the back. I've always been fascinated by seamless garments and the way they contour to the body. So much of men's clothing involves lots of construction and I'm trying to get away from that and create a more relaxed, easy look, while still maintaining that classic masculine edge. Now unfortunately, I don't have a male mannequin, so I use my regular one. Here is the upper portion of the shirt, first draped and then sewn. I had a bit of a problem getting the neckline right, luckily I cut things out in a cheap cotton fabric I had in my stash before even thinking about cutting the fleece. I've finally learned that it is well worth the effort to make a test or sample first then to be pissed off from not getting it right the first time.
help in controlling things. I then proceeded onward and attached the lower black portion and added the waistband and cuffs.
I was pleased with results and added a two-toned matching muffler to
complete the look.
Here are some shots of the end results side by side with the source of inspiration Babe Paley!