Greetings dear readers!  Yes, its been much to long since I sat my hind parts down at the keyboard.  Since I last published I have been emancipated from the humdrum doldrums of work!  Yes, I am a free man since my retirement of August 2019!  Now with my days and nights free I can concentrate on my greatest love............ designing. 

This has been an eventful year one of the best being the making of the doco/drama on Halston.  It was a great series and really reignited my creative spirit.  In short, I got my "sewing mojo" back!  One of the things I did was a bias cut hoodie that I made from a beautiful 100% cotton sheet that I ran across at a local thrift store.  I love the look of bias cut garments especially when they are as seamless as possible, one of the main principles of Halston's aesthetic.  I pictured my process below:







This is one of a couple of versions I have planned for the classic hoodie.  I 'm going to make them in wool jersey and fleece and may include a matching oversized scarf.  Like Halston, I believe that simplicity can be the height of elegance.  Traditionally menswear hoodies are made of four main pieces for the body, I made everything from one single piece of fabric and the hood was attached at the neckline.  Cutting it on the bias just gives it that extra softness, clinging and draping over a man's body sensuously.  Now that my mojo is back..........you'll be hearing more from me! Ciao everyone! 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SOURCES OF INSPIRATION!

CHARLES JAMES!

MAKE MINE VINTAGE!!